EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years clinical or related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the insurance industry preferably claims management relative to one or more of the following categories: workers' compensation, no-fault, liability, and/or disability.
- Must have strong knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medications and laboratory values.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals; Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Must be a qualified typist with a minimum of 40 W.P.M
- Must be able to operate a general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
Must possess excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.