ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Directly oversees department to ensure staff is managed effectively and consistent with all company practices, client expectations and all regulatory standards.
- Ensures the appropriate and equitable distribution of work is maintained in order to achieve daily, weekly and/or monthly goals.
- Maintains control of departmental costs in order to ensure profitability is achieved.
- Creates and provides support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department excellence and maintaining company standards.
- Ensures all systems and databases for client and/or case information are utilized correctly and up to date at all times.
- Creates and implements improvement strategies to ensure the highest quality product and customer service is achieved while promoting increased productivity.
- Organizes and attends staff meetings as required and ensures communication pertaining to all lines of business working effectively together is achieved.
- Communicates change effectively and assists in preparing and supporting those affected by change. Monitors transition and evaluates results to ensure successful results are achieved.
- Gives and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive team environment through communication and team building exercises.
- Oversees and assists in planning, assigning and directing employee’s work performance and recognition in line with company objectives and priorities.
- Ensures all client relationships are maintained and all client specific requirements are met.
- Promotes effective and efficient utilization of all departmental resources and makes necessary recommendations and/or changes for improvements as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in order to promote and achieve the most efficient operation possible.
- Effectively contributes to interdepartmental collaboration and alignment to achieve a superior client experience and ensure a high quality product.
Directly supervise and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ExamWorks’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out all managerial responsibilities in accordance with the company’s standards, policies, and all applicable employment laws.
- Provides support, training, tools, and techniques to assist staff in achieving department goals and standards.
- Assists supervisor with new hire orientation, training and continued employee development.
- Oversees the completion and approval of employee timecards and coordinates overtime needs with management team and staff as needed.
- Encourages positive morale, maintains harmony among staff and resolves grievances when necessary.
- Oversees and actively participates in the departments hiring and employee separation needs.
- Supervises staff performance, ensures periodic performance feedback is communicated with all staff and resolves any performance concerns within the department.
- Executes appropriate job placement and/or growth opportunities with the support of Human Resources Department.
- Actively participates in successfully conducting and completing annual performance evaluations.